Dr Aaron Lim is a general surgeon with subspecialty interests in benign upper gastrointestinal and bariatric surgery.
He grew up and trained in Queensland having first completed a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2008 before graduating with his medical degree (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) in 2013 with honours at the University of Queensland.
Having had a passion for general surgery since medical school, Dr Lim was accepted into specialist training in his third year as a junior doctor. He completed his training in General Surgery in 2020 having spent 4 years in various hospitals across Queensland.
In 2021 he completed further sub-specialist training in oesophagogastric and bariatric surgery at the Gold Coast University and Pindara Private Hospitals.
Today, he is still involved in the teaching and education of surgical trainees, and junior medical staff, as well as supervising medical students from the University of Queensland.
Dr Lim is dedicated to his craft of surgery and believes that the key to being a good surgeon involves not only technical abilities but requires collaboration, teamwork and communication with an emphasis on patient-centred care.
In his spare time, he enjoys travelling, skiing, fitness and spending time with his family. He is grateful to be back in Brisbane and feels privileged to be able to contribute to the healthcare needs of his beloved city.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery – University of Queensland 2013
- Bachelor of Pharmacy – University of Queensland 2008
- Visiting Surgeon – Brisbane General & Obesity Surgery
- Staff Specialist – Redland Hospital
- Staff Specialist – Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS)
- Visiting Surgeon – North West Private Hospital
- Visiting Surgeon – Mater Private Redland Hospital